Trenary Funeral Home was established in 1915 by George Trenary.
In 1917 he purchased the present day “Opera House Theater” on the west side of Main Street in Kooskia, ID.
The ground floor was a hardware store and the upstairs floor was operated as the Funeral Home. The name of the business at that time, “Kooskia Furniture and Undertaking” was not unlike many other funeral homes in that era, operating the business as both a furniture store and funeral home.
In 1940 George Trenary built Trenary Funeral Home where it sits today. Just two years after completing the funeral home, George Trenary passed away from kidney surgery. His son Claude Trenary and Claude’s wife Irene, took over the business.
Serving the community any way they could, Irene was known for her homemade cakes that she gave to the families they served. Both Claude and Irene were well liked and appreciated among local townsfolk for their compassion and selfless acts to families of the Kooskia, Idaho community.
In 1972, Claude and Irene’s son, Mark Trenary, returned from school and began working at the funeral home and eventually took over operationsof the funeral home business for his aging father.
In August 2002 Trenary Funeral Home recruited Bob Wilcox who, at the time, worked at Messinger Mortuary in Scottsdale, Arizona. Wilcox was on vacation in Orofino that summer, with his wife Amy their daughter Zoe and another daughter on the way. A minister had approached Mark Trenary and suggested he contact Wilcox to see if he would be interested in working at Trenary Funeral Home. The Wilcox family arrived September 11, 2002. In June of 2006, Bob Wilcox purchased Trenary Funeral Home.